Reduce Felony Convictions (PC § 17(b) and Prop 47)

Don't be defined by your worst day.  Contact me to reduce your felony convictions and make the label "felon" a thing of your past.  

Individuals convicted of a felony can reduce a felony to a misdemeanor if:  (1) the felony is a "wobbler" offense; and (2) probation was granted (i.e., you were not sentenced to state prison).  A "wobbler" offense is an offense that is punishable as either a felony or misdemeanor.  The number of wobbler offenses is too extensive to list here.  However, some common wobbler offenses are:

Penal Code ("PC") § 192(c)(1) Vehicular manslaughter, w/o drugs or alcohol, but w/gross neg;
PC § 192(c)(3) Vehicular manslaughter, w/drugs or alcohol, but w/o gross neg;
PC § 243(d) Battery against person resulting in serious BI;
PC § 243.4(a)-(d) Sexual battery;
PC § 245(a)(1) Assault with a deadly weapon other than firearm or assault w/force likely to produce GBI on person;
PC § 273a(1) Willful cruelty to child;
PC § 273.5 Inflict traumatic injury on spouse or cohabitant;
PC § 422 Criminal threats of violence;
PC § 461(2) Burglary second degree;
PC § 487(1) Grand theft;
PC § 487(2) Grand theft person;
PC § 496(a) Receiving stolen property;
PC § 503 Embezzlement; and
PC § 12021(d) Possession of firearm in violation of condition of probation

If you were convicted of a wobbler felony and placed on probation or sentenced to county jail, you are eligible for a 17b Motion.  If a court grants your 17b Motion, your record will no longer reflect that you were convicted of a felony, and you may also lawfully possess a firearm.  

If you are located in Riverside County, Temecula, Murrieta, Moreno Valley, Perris, Hemet, San Jacinto, Wildomar, Menifee, or any other nearby location, and are interested in reducing a felony conviction to a misdemeanor, please feel free to contact me now or fill out the case evaluation form below.